Computer Science

Credit Transfer for Students from Other Universities

Univ.-Prof. Dr. Hanspeter Mössenböck
Institute for System Software
Computer Science Building, room 207 (2nd floor)
Tel.: +43 (732) 2458-4340

Bachelor and Master degrees in Computer Science earned at some other university can be recognized if they are comparable to our degrees. Degrees in other fields than Computer Science cannot be generally recognized but the credits have to be transferred for every course individually. Students who have started to study a Computer Science related field at some other university (or "Fachhochschule") have to transfer the credits of their courses as well.

In all cases please follow these steps:

  1. Download and read the JKU Computer Science curriculum.

  2. Download and fill out the forms for the Bachelor's and/or the Master's program. They list all the required courses at JKU. Associate every course that you have attended at your home university with an appropriate course of our curriculum (The contents of our courses can be found here: bachelor, master).

  3. Come to my office at the indicated office hours and bring with you the forms and the transcripts of all your courses.

  4. The credit transfer can only be completed once you are enrolled as a regular student at JKU. So don't start to attend courses in Linz before you are officially enrolled.
Last modified on Friday, 29-Sep-2017 14:23:58 CEST